Monday, July 25, 2011

Retro Monday - 90's Nick!



So Nickelodeon has finally decided to listen to the demands of millions of viewers and bring back the 90's shows we all loved (except KaBlam seems to be omitted). I think its a great idea and it shows that maybe the network has some sense.

My only gripe with the whole thing is that the shows are only being shown on TeenNICK and are only on for a 2 hour block from 12am-2am. I have one of the premium channel packages from Comcast, but I don't even have that channel and I work full-time day shift, so I'm sleeping during that time on the weekdays. I feel that the lineup should be a bit longer and shown on the regular Nickelodeon channel as well. That channel has nothing to keep it afloat but Spongebob, which I'm sure I'm not the only one that's sick of it, iCarly, which is a horrible show, and Nick @ Nite, which are classic tv shows that most of us are familiar with. The network could introduce the younger kids to the great 90's Nick game shows, sitcoms and NickToons most 90's kids hold so dear.

The Lineup:
  • Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
  • The Adventures of Pete & Pete
  • All That
  • The Amanda Show
  • Are You Afraid of the Dark?
  • Catdog
  • Clarissa Explains it All 
  • Double Dare 
  • Doug 
  • Hey Arnold! 
  • Kenan & Kel 
  • Legends of the Hidden Temple 
  • Nickelodeon GUTS 
  • The Ren & Stimpy Show 
  • Rocket Power 
  • Rocko's Modern Life 
  • Rugrats 
  • Salute Your Shorts 
  • The Secret World Of Alex Mack
Check out the website 90sareallthat.com

What do you think about Nickelodeon's decision to air 90's Nick?

No comments:

Post a Comment