Thursday, June 23, 2011

Born-Again Atheist

People often ask me why I am so passionate about supporting Atheism and debunking Christianity. 
I used to be a believer and while you're a believer you feel that your belief is the only way and that everyone would be better off as Christians, but as a non-believer, your eyes are open and you step back and realize how similar the major religions really are.
I feel so against Christianity simply because it dominates Western culture and is everywhere here in America and I don't go a day without seeing something supporting it and its almost like subliminal advertising. At least that's the way it feels for this Atheist. 
I would have little issues with Christianity if more of his followers were more Christ-like, he seemed like a pretty decent guy for the most part. But then again, I don't even think He even existed... but that's for discussion later.

2 comments:

  1. I'd be inclined to say -- look at Christianity's track record. It's been invoked to justify slavery, subordination of women, and persecution of gays. It's opposed almost every scientific advance from the helio-centric solar system to evolution to antibiotics to stem-cell research. It forms the core of political reaction in the US even today.

    Then there are the lower-level annoyances. It's shoved in one's face constantly, as you say.

    When religion stops creating problems for the world, I'll consider stopping my attacks on it -- but I don't expect that will happen until it becomes extinct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I agree with you completely on everyone of your points, I just can never remember things when I need to, so I completely forget them when I need them, ha. And I didn't wanna address too many of my reasons against it in one blog because I plan on posting something new about once a day. Atheism and speaking out against Christianity are topics that I am passionate about so hopefully I can create a decent blog with posts on those topics frequently.

    ReplyDelete